Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!!!


Isaac wanted to show off his Halloween costume and wish everyone a safe and happy Halloween!

This weekend was quite busy for us. Friday night we sat down and watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown with Isaac. We bought the Peanuts holiday DVD collection years ago in anticipation of watching them with our future children. Isaac watched some of it, but didn't quite get the humor when Charlie Brown put on his ghost outfit and it is filled with holes. Next year he will though! Saturday night Tobe and I dropped Isaac off at his Nana C. and Papa's house and we were off to the U2 concert. It was hard to leave Isaac for the first time to spend the night somewhere, but we knew he was in good hands. Tobe and I went to eat down in West End, then met up with the Fletchers (and sort-of the Pirtles) for U2. The show was amazing!!! Hearing Bono sing live is almost indescribable. Also, I think that Bono is promoting such a simple idea of world peace (coexistence) that impacts a lot of thinking. Side note: if you haven't signed your name to the ONE document, please do so. It is helping raise money and awareness for AIDS in Africa. Having witnessed first-hand the vast devastation of AIDS in Africa, (100,000+ AIDS orphans in Nairobi alone, living on the streets) I know what this disease is doing to a continent. I believe it is irresponsible for us to turn a blind eye to the poverty and sickness of these beautiful people. I think the website for ONE is www.one.org

Enough political talk. Sunday we met Tobe's parents for brunch (where I had a delicious crab and avocado omelet) and picked up Isaac. I felt like I hadn't seen him in years. He smiled really big when he saw both of us. That afternoon was football, sloppy Joes, and Tobe's friend hanging out with us. Last night we went to the church Halloween carnival. We didn't know how Isaac would do considering the time change, lack of a good nap schedule yesterday, and the overall excitement of the carnival. He just hung out in his stroller, taking it all in. He was the cutest giraffe by far, surrounded by equally adorable elephants, bumblebees, race car drivers, divas, Charlie Browns, princesses, etc.. Tonight is Halloween on Main Street, which should be a lot of fun as well.

This morning I am taking Isaac to the doctor. Many of you don't know about this yet, because there is not much TO know yet. We have some concerns about the development of the neck muscles and want to get it checked out. I will post more once we are sure what is going on there. So say a little prayer for Baby Isaac today and for his pediatrician.

Have a great Halloween!

5 comments:

DKDFW said...

I'll be keeping a good thought for Isaac.

By the way, my wife Sadie and I think this blog is great. Quite the writer you are. I did have to call Tobe this morning and find out about this "miracle blanket" you mention. We must now have one.

Shanta said...

LYNLEY!!!! I was so excited to see your comment on my post. We are finally reunited AGAIN! I love, love, love the pictures of Isaac. He is perfectly adorable and makes a wonderful giraffe. It sounds like you and Tobe are truly soaking up one of life's greatest blessings: life after graduate school. No, I meant kids! He is beautiful!! Congratulations sweet friend. I am so happy for you both. He looks so happy in Tobe's lap at work... We wish you the best. I am eagerly anticipating more posts of the Phillips' adventures. I will loyally stay tuned.

Ken and I are in Carrollton, so maybe one day we can finally see you! And, fyi- go to your template settings and turn on the "word verification" tool to eliminate spam...
Much love,
Shanta

Pearson Family said...

Great pictures Lynley! I am glad that you and Tobe enjoyed some together time.

Phillips Family said...

Don--
GET the miracle blanket and also the Infant Sounds CD. You will feel a little stupid driving around in your car listening to a hair dryer, but it is a LIFESAVER!! I will have Tobe burn a copy of it for you!

DKDFW said...

Excellent! Thanks, Lynley.