Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rollin'

If you happen to walk past me and hear me humming Tina Turner's "Proud Mary", just know it is because I sing this diddy to Isaac about ten times a day now. He is a rolling fool, thus prompting me to sing "Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' on a river..." He will roll from the living room into the kitchen to find me. Then he will roll over to the sofa table to examine our wedding picture (and to read our thesis and dissertation titles, which reside in the same areas). Next it is off to the glider, to examine how that works. Finally he ends up between the couch and love seat. The best part of his rolling is that if I am not in the room, Isaac will roll somewhere, then talk or laugh loudly to get my attention. When I come in the room to discover his new location, he will look up and smile with his eyes almost closed. Apparently he is quite proud of this rolling thing. This week we will trek over to Babies R Us and buy all things needed to protect the homestead from a curious soon-to-be eight month old.


Tobe's grandparents were in town this last weekend. Isaac can't wait until he gets to ride on the tractor with Grandaddy this summer!

5 comments:

Amy C said...

That is so cute. Good thing you have warning that he is an explorer. It is all that Baby Einstein making him so smart.

Shanta said...

Proud Mary keep on toirnin.

I like that you and Tobe both wear the white long sleeved undershirt. Very sporty spice.

Phillips Family said...

Aren't we losers? Seriously we need to be on What Not to Wear! I think the white undershirt was cool about ten years ago.

Unknown said...

Jackson is a roller, too! Isn't it funny how they choose to get around and what sort of places they end up? I am not convinced that Jackson will crawl as his rolling seems to be quite effective for him.

The Honey Family said...

I love the John Deere shirt that Tobe is wearing! He's more of a country boy than I knew! And the white shirts under things - we do it too! Kris does because he doesn't wear long sleeve shirts unless it is a dress shirt or a white long sleeve that he feels he must put another shirt over.

I love your blogs. I don't check in as often as I'd like, but I catch up on all of them at once!