Monday, March 13, 2006

Wooooo! Pig Souie!


Early tomorrow morning, Isaac and I are boarding a plane to Arkansas to visit the fam. We haven't been there since Christmas and there might be a fight between my mom, my dad, my grandmother, and my grandma over who gets to play with Isaac first. I put my money on Mom and Grandmother to tag team the others. Tobe will be joining us for the weekend.

Isaac is battling a cold that Tobe had last week. Just pulling the nose aspirator out of the basket on his changing table causes him to cry (Isaac, not Tobe). I keep telling Isaac I have to suction his nose so he can breathe and that one day he will be able to blow it on his own. He doesn't seem convinced and I am sure this is going to be another thing he one day addresses in therapy.

Between the sickliness in our house, packing, cleaning, and general procrastination, I did not get to write three letters I planned on penning this past week. Here are the abridged version so I can cross this off my To-Do list:

(1) Dear City of Grapevine,
Although I greatly appreciate our bi-weekly trash pick-up, I am a little disturbed by the fact that our friendly trashman throws my garbage can down the street after emptying it. What was once a beautiful 30 gallon Rubbermaid container, is now a beaten, scarred, one-handled, lopsided mess. Due to his very busy schedule, I do not expect our trashman to gently set down the can. However, it would be nice if he could at least throw it in my yard so I do not have to chase it down the street. Thank you.

(2) Dear Jeff Berry,
I am quite glad that you have decided to run for Justice of the Peace. Please be advised that I did not vote for you based on the fact that someone in your camp put a campaign pen under my windshield wiper while I was shopping at Target. This pen went unnoticed until I turned on the windshield wipers to clean off a dead bug. The pen then went flying, making me think I had struck a small animal. Good luck with the rest of your campaign.

(3) Dear Leslie Jane Seymore (editor of Glamour magazine),
As a reader of Glamour, I understand that your magazine's "thing" is to promote social awareness regarding injustices that happen to women of the world. I applaud this and enjoy reading your articles. In April's issue, you traveled to Nairobi, Kenya with Drew Barrymore to bring attention to the drought and lack of food in that area. Again, I applaud you for this. However, I found it a bit odd that there was a picture of you scooping out Ugali for the people of Kiberia (slum in Nairobi) in your crisp, white shirt with the largest Polo emblem ever and a Hermes scarf tied around your neck. Just something to think about. It took away from the nature in which your were helping these people.

There are my letters. I can sleep peacefully tonight, knowing that all things are off my list, even if I did have to cheat just a bit.

If you happen to see Tobe this week, walking around looking lost and a little gaunt, please offer him a kind word and perhaps a peanut butter cracker.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please let Tobe know we will be at Main Event for Half-Price family night tonight If he would enjoy being a Fletcher for the evening and be entertained by a small child throwing a bowling ball overhand down the lane next to the one our family has rented for an hour, please have him join us for a kind word and possibly an animal cracker (we don't do PB crackers) Have fun in Arkansas.

Ashley said...

Excellent letters! Have fun in Arkansas. Family time is the best.

The Honey Family said...

By the way - that is the most amazing picture that I have ever seen. I have saved it on my computer and sent it to my grandmother and my mom! You are SO photogenic and so is Isaac! You are both so beautiful! You really need to look into baby modeling too! (writing and modeling - Tobe may be able to retire soon).