Friday, June 08, 2007

Overheard...

Tobe is the parent who bathes and dresses Isaac each evening, which gives me a chance to catch my breath before I bathe and dress Evelyn for the night. It is a great system we have going. Last night I was sitting in the living room attempting to soothe a fussy baby (good-bye sleepy newborn stage....hello cranky nighttime stage), when I overheard the following conversation coming from Isaac's bedroom after bathtime:

Tobe: "What do you use to hear with?"

Isaac: "Ears."

T: "What do you use to see with?"

I: "Eyes."

T: "What do you use to eat with?"

I: "Mouth."

T: "What do you use to walk?"

I: (slight pause) "Sidewalk!"

3 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

That is so cute! Kudos to Tobe for helping you with bathtime/bedtime. What a great team!

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Isaac is really very smart. Tobe should have been more specific.

1literatimommy said...

hey lynley,
just catching up on your blog. my first and best investment has been a double jogging stroller. i love it and take it everywhere. at baby's r us, they have an insert made to support a baby's head, for use for six weeks and up. hope that helps. also, when i purchased the jogging stroller, i made sure to get one with a swivel wheel. makes turning so much easier. mine is a schwinn, but it doesn't have any drink holders, which stinks. good luck finding a good double jogging stroller.