Wednesday, December 21, 2005

All I Want for Christmas is Isaac's Teeth!


It was bound to happen. I suppose Isaac could not have gone around the rest of his life simply gumming his food. At some point, he is going to have to get some teeth. For weeks he has been attacking things with an almost disturbing ferociousness attempting to get such desired item into his mouth. Friday night while eating-out, he so desperately wanted to gnaw on my salad fork. Yesterday was what I consider to be our first official teething day. It was filled with much moaning, gnawing, and crying. We had the baby oragel out in full force, along with the infant tylenol. At his four month check-up, the pediatrician suggested giving him a frozen pancake to chew on during stressful teething times. This idea is simply hilarious to me and I could barely tell Tobe about it due to fits of laughter. Our freezer holds no frozen pancakes, but does have a lonely Ego Special K waffle left over from my pregnancy days (one of the few things tolerated for breakfast). I might be tempted to pull that out and hand it over to Isaac. Despite his pain and discomfort, Isaac was able to throw in a few grins and giggles throughout the day. If you happen to see a baby riding around in a stroller, sucking on a waffle, that is likely Isaac.

Christmas Craft 2005 update: The craft is finished and all wrapped under the tree! Yippee! Now the hard part is transporting such presents to and fro without anything breaking or the dried macaroni falling off.

Despite his tooth agony, Isaac wanted to send out a Christmas greeting to all of his blog readers. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Alison said...

I love the collage! Be careful with those gifts- he might gnaw right through the wrapping!

DKDFW said...

Merry Christmas, Isaac. I, too, enjoy gnawing on a cold pancake. It's great fun and a great way to meet chics.

Shanta said...

Did you not ever see this famous episode of Roseanne where Dan gave the baby a waffle during teething b/c "it has built in drool cups?" C'mon Lynley, if you watched WT tv more and made less crafts, you'd likely have known the answer to your teething issues.

Pearson Family said...

Great pictures...glad that craft is finished!

Unknown said...

Isaac looks so sweet and festive! How funny about the frozen pancake! I know you will probably not be following this advice, but I do suggest you take a picture of Isaac with a frozen pancake just for the baby book!

By the way, I think I still have my Cricket doll if you are still interested...