Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Our New Business

Despite the fact that we both have masters' degrees in psychology and Tobe has PhD, I have decided that the Phillips' clan is starting a new business. Care to know what that is? Well, my friends, we are going into the Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/Great Pumpkin business. Yesterday I bundled up my precious boy (Isaac, not Tobe) and we headed off to the mall. I was determined to get his picture made at a reasonable price with jolly ole Saint Nick. Did this Santa picture cost $10? Nope. It cost $12.99. The 17 year old photographer tried to convince me that this was a reasonable price, considering Santa has a real beard and I would get a coupon for a free 5 x 7 with the Easter Bunny in the Spring (after paying the $12.99 again). When did we go from kids climbing up onto Santa's lap and telling him their wish list to this being a professional portrait session? Do the people organizing such events not know that I can take my child to the Target photo studio and get a package of portraits for $4.99 and not pay a sitting fee?

This is why I have decided that Tobe could dress up as Santa and we could set up our own photo studio on our peninsula (you know what I am referring to if you have visited our house--we live on a lot shaped like Florida. Sounds charming, but it is quite odd). We could charge a simple $3.99 and make a killing. Then come April, Tobe can be the Easter Bunny and then the Great Pumpkin in March. We will have Isaac's college fund in no time.

So yesterday Isaac once again witnessed the cheap nature of his parents. We still have no picture with Santa and I am tempted to take him to Pet's Mart where you can pay one dollar for your pet to have his picture with Santa.

Because we don't have a picture from yesterday, I am posting Isaac being attacked by his vicious purple dinosaur Shred and then attacking his great white Rino. Don't worry, no animals were harmed in this making of this photo.

9 comments:

Jennifer Schroeder said...

i probably should have told you earlier that we have a man at church who dresses up as santa and all of the kids can have their pictures made with him for free. the kids parents take the pictures, and they can take as many as they want. we did this last week. i'll try to remember to tell you guys next year.

Phillips Family said...

We have the same thing at our church this Saturday, which we will be attending. I am still mad about the principal of the whole thing. Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Shanta said...

Those pictures are funny. Isaac is saying, "Mom- why are you always pointing that box at me?"

Phillips Family said...

Oops. I just realized that I typed Tobe would be the Great Pumpkin in March--I meant October.

Unknown said...

I have a picture of Tobe as an elf from college. You might want to add that into the package as well.

Unknown said...

Santa has become quite an expensive endeavor; however, Jackson's mommy has no willpower, and she pays for the pictures! Not only was it expensive, I had to put up with psycho Santa! At least you get a free Santa picture this weekend.

I would also pay to see Tobe dressed up for each holiday. I would be one of the first to purchase a season pass if you would throw in a Cupid pose for Valentine's day and possiby a Tooth Fairy photo op during a non-holiday time of year!

Jennifer Schroeder said...

well, i'm glad you are going to have a chance this saturday to have isaac's picture taken. i'm anxious to see that boy.

i can't find your email address. can you send me an email because i need to ask you about a couple of things for "christmas on the farm".

DKDFW said...

Tobe told me he likes to dress as Ms. Claus.

Jennifer H. said...

Hi Lynley and Tobe! I stumbled across your blog on accident, but I really enjoyed seeing pictures!! You are such a precious family! I hope everything is going great for you guys!
Jenn Hawes