Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Husband's Worst Nightmare

I faced a dilemma tonight: do I watch the Ladies Figure Skating or Dancing With the Stars? Tough choice. This is the type of thing that makes my husband run screaming from the room in search of something manly like a Sports Illustrated or a socket wrench. As 7:00pm drew near, I knew I would have to decide if I wanted to watch Sasha Cohen fight for the gold or Drew Lachey dance all over Stacey Keebler's face. I opted to cheat and check the results of the figure skating on espn.com and base my decision on how heated the skating competition actually became. After glimpsing the results, I decided to stick with my Thursday night standard of Dancing with the Stars. Who cares about the Olympics when one can watch Jerry Rice do the Samba? Besides, I can catch women's figure skating in four years.

Despite the fact that I was filled with anxiety all day over this decision, I actually ended up only watching about 15 minutes of Dancing with the Stars--in the dark, with the volume turned down--while Isaac slowly took his last bottle of the day. Then I ended up hanging out in the study with Tobe listening to Green Day mashups and discussing the Sing Song scandal (ACU reference for those non-Wildcat readers). However, I still plan on voting for Drew Lachey, despite the fact I did not see him dance tonight. Voting for Stacey Keebler is simply wrong for two reasons: One being that she is a fake wrestler and two being that she has been trained in ballet for over 15 years. Poor Jerry Rice simply made it to the finals to keep the husbands interest and prevent them from tearing the clicker (my grandmother's term for remote control--LOVE IT!) out of their wives hands and turning the channel to fishing.

Go, Drew, Go! Prove to the world that the Lacheys' don't need Joe Simpson to make them successful!

7 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Sing Song scandal?? Please tell more! I opted for American Idol!

jenny biz said...

The Biz's actually did both! We watched American Idol and tivo'd DWTS. It was a great night. I too am pulling for Drew all the way!!

Unknown said...

I opted for the Olympics tonight; however, it wasn't much of a decision for me as I have not been following either American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. You didn't miss much on the Olympic front. I was glad Sascha got 2nd, but I am still not completely convinced she deserved it. After hearing an interview with her, it sounds as though she is not completely convinced she deserved it either.

Phillips Family said...

Appartently there was a miscalculation of the scores and Alpha Kai (who are they???) was announced the winner rather than Siggies. Ten minutes later after Sing Song was over, the director had to announce over the PA that there has been a miscalculation and the points were being refigured. In the end, Siggies were announced as the winners. However, we all know that the true winner was Ko Jo Kai (no offense to my beautiful Siggie and GATA readers!)

Unknown said...

I sat and read a book. I win the dork award.

DKDFW said...

It is actually Latch-key, as in Nick and Drew Latch-key.

I can't believe Tobe makes you watch that show. So G.

Jennifer Schroeder said...

i chose dancing with the stars. how many times did you vote. i am so pulling for drew to win. he's now become my favorite lachey.