Tuesday, February 07, 2006

MRI Melodrama

Yesterday we scheduled the MRI for Isaac. It will be this Thursday at 8:45am at Baylor Grapevine (of course). I believe lots and lots of people are praying that Isaac's head is just big (which sounds like an odd thing to pray for) because I really feel a peace about the whole thing tonight. Thanks friends! The drama around the MRI--besides having to get an MRI-- is that no one bothered to tell me I must request sedation for my child, which has to be prescribed by our pediatrician and administered by me on the day of the MRI. I happened to do a little investigative work and found this out by talking to a very disinterested man working in radiology. He said if my six month old could not sit still (in a tone that implied that my child would be unruly if he was unable to control himself) then they would have to strap his head down. Not fun times for me. I was able to drag out the details of how to get sedatives if I thought Isaac wouldn't be able to sit still through this loud and long test. I now have in my hands a nice little sleep aide meant for babies prescribed by my doctor. Hooray!

We'll keep you posted. Terri Chapell is telling me that the nine o'clock news is winding down so I am off to bed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell Isaac I had to be sedated because I couldn't sit still when I had an MRI. I'm sure he'll do better than me. :)