Friday, April 07, 2006

Etc....

Could I really just stop at five of Isaac's quirks? And really should I call them quirks when they are actually little things he does that make Tobe and me want to jump in the car and buy him the entire contents of Babies R Us? One day when Isaac is a teenager in the midst of hormones might need to find these blog archives and read such precious thoughts about him because I could be considering trading him to the gypsies for twenty-seven cents.

So here are some more things for your reading pleasure:
6. Isaac loves to make noise. He will smack his lips, then look at me. This is my cue to smack my lips. Then he reciprocates. This game continues for about a minute or two of us smacking back and forth. We do this a lot throughout the day---he will start this in the car, in his stroller, while I am in the kitchen and he is in the living room, and in the bathtub. I love it because it is our own little form of communication.

7. Isaac likes to become the human taco. He is sitting up perfectly now. Sometimes while sitting, he will completely lean forward so that his head is on the floor between his legs. (thus the taco effect). Try it--not very comfortable. We think he does this when he is tired. However, he can spring back up from that head-0n-floor position in 0.2 seconds. What really gets us is when Isaac has his head on the floor, he will turn it to the side and shoot us a smile.

8. Isaac has invented a new version of his smile. He will crunch his nose up and almost close his eyes when he grins at you. Adorable. Once again we have to refrain from jumping up and buying the new $1,000 swingset advertised in the Sam's ad this week (if you know us at all, you know that our child will never be so lucky to have such a nice play area that cost as much as Tobe's old car. Isaac will one day seek therapy based on the cheap nature of his parents) because this smile just kills us!

9. Water=Splashing. Isaac recently made this connection and loves to splash in the tub. Sometimes he goes at it with both hands and feet, until he almost throws himself out of the tub. We hope he is a water baby like his mama.

Finally...

10. The phrase, "What does the puppy dog say?" cracks Isaac up. However, it is only the puppy dog, not any other animal. We are working on animals and sounds and for some reason when I ask what the puppy dog says he laughs. (Yes, place Isaac in the category of "My mom's a teacher". Another therapy issue one day. Not only does he have mom who was a teacher, but he also has a nana who was a teacher and a great-grandmother who was a teacher. Then he also has a mass of teachers on Tobe's family's side. He doesn't stand a chance.)

That's the quirks for today. In other news, I would like to say that I have successfully found a hair clip that can contain my massive amount of hair. This may seem trivial in light of society's problems, however if you have the mass quantity of hair that I have, you understand. Whenever I get my hair cut, the stylist always tells me I have the most hair he/she has ever seen. I have heard this my whole life. Great. However having such hair means that the everyday barrette, bow (in younger years), or clip will not hold my hair. If I am to twist my hair up, I have to use two clips and lots of hair pins. Not anymore my friends. While shopping at Kroger this past weekend (where all the celebs go for great hair products) I came across a new clip by Goody. It is supposed to hold a bun in place. Well, there is no way that would work for my hair, however the clip does hold a simple twist in place. Finally. It's like Christmas all over again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isaac is a cutie pie. I would love to know more about this clip as I have a similar issue with hair. I had one hair stylist grab others in the salon to come and see the massive amount of frizzy hair that I have. I felt so pretty.

Amy C said...

LOL Kelli!

Keep blogging about all those "little" quirks. You will start shopping around for gypsies soon enough. Sad part is,. one day you may even mention giving them away to gypsies, but don't do it. You blogs remind me why I would never really want to sell mine...