Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's official..

.....Isaac is a boy
There was never any doubt about Isaac's gender, however lately he has been displaying a significant amount of "male" tendencies.
1. Regardless of what is in his path, Isaac will roll, swim, or army crawl over it. Shape sorter in the way? No problem. Large basket of magazines? Piece of cake. Couch? Could pose some difficulties, but should be manageable. There is no need to push things to the side or figure out another path. Isaac simply rolls over whatever is in his way. This does not seem to phase him in the least, despite the fact that most people find large plastic objects poking their backs to be uncomfortable.
2. Due to the cooler weather today, Isaac wore a long-sleeve t-shirt and jeans. Because it was not too cold, I refrained from putting a onesie on underneath (I hate the "sloppy" look of non-onesies on babies---neurotic, huh? Besides, Isaac's waist is so skinny he needs a onesie on with pants to hold them up.) For his afternoon nap, I took off his jeans (who can sleep peacefully in jeans?) and laid him down in his t-shirt and diaper. This is what I walked in on two hours later:
Notice the diaper in the far left corner and the cute naked bottom. Isaac was beyond thrilled with the fact that he was in bed and unclothed. He literally shrieked with joy. Fortunately, his bladder was empty and the sheets were spared.
3.Food has become a new passion. The same child who could go all day without eating a single bottle has now become obsessed with table food. If I am eating it, he stares at me until I feel guilty enough to share. Yesterday he ate a whole piece of ham, along with his baby food, for lunch (real ham, not lunch meat). Saturday he had BBQ, green beans, and beans from Dicky's BBQ. Today it was my morning toast and shrimp (lunch, not breakfast) that he felt the need to sample. I fear the only sacred food I have left is my cup of morning coffee. However, I was just a toddler when my grandparents would mix a small amount of their coffee into a single serve container of half-half while we dined at Landis' (how much of an old-school reference is that, Searcy readers?), so you never know. I am fearful this child might eat us out of house and home before we know it!
4.Yesterday Isaac discovered the CD's. If you know my husband, you know he has quite the extensive CD collection (which is about 1/2 the size it used to be). Isaac found the Beatles section yesterday and went to town, pulling one CD out after another (Don't worry, it wasn't the White Album and he didn't play anything backwards).
Finally, despite the fact that most little boys hate taking baths, Isaac adores this time of day. The routine is to bring him into the bathroom, fill the tub, undress him, and toss him (gently, of course) into the water. Lately he has been crying as we take his clothes off because he wants to get in the water NOW and not wait to be undressed. The whole time I am derobing him, he is holding his arms up for me to pick him up and place him in the beloved bathtub. Too funny.
_________________________________________________________
As a sidenote and completely off-topic, when is our government going to wake-up and realize that the safety of the citizens of the United States is in jeopardy as long as Kevin Federline is allowed to continue reproducing children? Apparently Brittany is pregnant again, despite the fact her marriage is a sham and CPS has been called on her twice in the short seven months her baby has been alive.
While I am on the subject of celebrity pregnancies, anyone else believe that Katie Holmes pregnancy was fake? Have you seen pictures of her stomach throughout the pregnancy? Sometimes it was gigantic and then sometimes she was barely showing (this was in a picture taken a week before the baby was born). I don't know about you, but I got bigger as my pregnancy went on, not smaller. My stomach did change shapes as I entered my ninth month when Isaac went from being transverse to being head down, however I never looked smaller. I am now starting to believe that she was never really pregnant and that she was inconsistent with her fake-pregnancy padding--it was also rumored that Tom Cruise went to a fertility clinic with Nicole Kidman because of problems with him (just reporting that, not speculating. Please don't sue me, Tom). I think this could possibly be a publicity stunt by the producers of Mission Impossible 3, knowing that no one will go see the third movie in a series when the second one was horrid. Just speculating.
If you haven't read the Nick Lachey article in Rolling Stone, I think it is worth a glance. He is definitely playing the sympathy card, which is an incredibly smart move on his part. I see Jessica going nowhere in about six months and Nick soaring as the hero in this mess. Makes me glad that Tobe and I turned down the deal for our first two years of marriage to be taped and played on national TV (wouldn't you have wanted to watch us eat dinner at 5:30pm every night and then either flip between Telemundo and the Religious Station--all we had at the time-- or play a rowdy game of Nerts? That is quality TV, people).
______________________________________________________________
Because this post was originally about Isaac and not K-Fed, I will end with a picture of him, earnestly sorting his shapes.

7 comments:

jenny biz said...

Isaac is precious! What a growing boy! I almost vomited yesterday when I saw that Britney was preg. again. What in the world??
And let's not forget Nicky boy!! He is one stinkin' smart dude! He is going to milk the sad card for all it is worth and I don't blame him. Have you seen the MTV special on him. He chokes back tears during almost every answer.
Oh yeah, did I mention how preciously cute Isaac is:):)

Amy C said...

Ok girls. Iam partial to the "Nick." I may be snowed, but I think he is sincere about his love for the dits.

I love the undiapered Isaac photo. I experience similar joy from Michael this morning as he managed to get his jammies off in much the same manner. He didn't put real clothes on until about 4:00 though. I love the naked baby moments.

Jennifer Schroeder said...

tomkat pregnancy is so definitely a sham.

Phillips Family said...

Jen, Where is your blog?

Unknown said...

Isaac and Ethan would have such fun together taken their diapers off and pleasantly walking/rolling/scooting over anything in their paths. Yesterday Ethan was playing with the padded baseball bat happily swinging at the air and "running the bases" all over our house.

I would like to start an on-line betting service for anyone interested as to how many children K-Fed will father in his lifetime. With four already under is oft undone belt, I'm sure the answer will hit double digits. I'll throw in a fruit basket to the person who guesses the number of children he has in addition to the ones he currently knows about.

I haven't heard about TomKat's fake pregnancy. He is such a fruitcake.

Unknown said...

Hey Lynley- Isaac is so adorable! Your TomKat baby hypothesis is brilliant- I had never even thought that the whole pregnancy could be a sham! I have heard she signed a 5 year contract to be with him and then she can bolt...but who knows if that is true- I think he is creepy and controlling.

I too read the Nick article in Rolling Stones and felt bad for the guy. I agree with you that her "career" will most likely come to a screeching halt very shortly.

And NO, K. Fed should not legally be allowed to pro-create!

Unknown said...

I love the naked bottom picture of Isaac! Jackson loves nudity also, but thankfully, he has not learned to take his diaper off yet.

I shudder to think not only of Keven Federline reproducing, but also of Britney. Maybe we should start writing our congressmen and women about some government involvement.

I read an article about Katie's fake pregnancy. If true, I think that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I don't think Katie and Tom will have many fans after this scam. By the way, if they did indeed have a baby named Suri, we should also mention them in our letters to congress. Tom Cruise does not need to be producing more members of the scientology cult. Also, did you happen to read that he taped the birth and is required to turn the tape over to the scientology leaders so that they can determine if the baby requires therapy due to any trauma experienced during delivery? Weirdness...