Friday, January 09, 2009

Home

ah, home.

It is a good place to be.

The ol family car wheeled into the drive of casa de phillips a little after 1pm this afternoon. We were within minutes of pure mutiny in the backseat, so it is a good thing we arrived home when we did.

Fortunately I have a fantastic mother who made the voyage with us, willing to fly herself back to Arkansas tomorrow. The great thing about traveling with my mother is A. Six+ hours to catch up on all the things we have yet to discuss in our week together B. She is the snack/entertainment/answer-to-every-question Queen while I drive (usually my role when Tobe is driving) and C. Our one stop is conveniently made at a Starbucks.

After running around re-discovering their toys and a long 45 minutes of various levels of protests (and a rousing joint version of the "Peanut Butter and Jelly" song....which was a bit remarkable considering both kids sleep in separate rooms) the kids finally dosed off to sleep for a late afternoon nap. I keep twitching my nose "Bewitched" style in hopes the suitcases will unpack themselves. Nothing has happened other than I have sneezed quite a few times. Oh well. It was worth the try.

It is good to be back home, the holidays behind us, and hopefully a normal routine lurking in our very near future.

No comments: