Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's the holiday season

So..it's the Christmas season.

And I have presents to wrap, crafts to finish, activities to accomplish, cookies to bake and life to live.

Unfortunately the ol blog might be a bit sparse over the next week or so (with the exception of a holiday picture posted daily, surely I can at least do that).

Which is sad because I have so many funny anecdotes to share, such as how my oldest child appeared in the doorway of my bedroom yesterday morning wearing only his birthday suit and informed me he was closing his bedroom door because he needed some privacy.

Uh, too late for that, dude.

Or how when we took the children up to experience the light display at our local town square this evening, big brother affectionately encouraged little sister to come dance with him in the gazebo, promising her he would stay right by her the whole time. (He ditched her the moment the music came on...but she quickly found her own groove and no longer needed his assistance)

I could also say how the memory card on my camera is just begging for me to download all the images and videos shot over the past three days because there are some quality memories captured forever on it (including tonight's dance party and lunch with Santa earlier this week).

In the meantime, I leave you with a link over to BurbMom in which I discuss how an unfortunate cookie accident changed my outlook on the holidays.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Texasholly said...

Love the privacy issues you have...they are similar to mine. The boys will wait in line for the bathroom so they can change their clothes while completely naked. So silly!