Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Hate Insurance Companies!!!!

As I type I am on minute 37 of a phone call to our insurance company. I have spoken to a computer who keeps telling me my son was not born on August 30th---I keep yelling at it that I am saying AUGUST 3rd!!!! Then spoke to someone who sounded half-dead and did not know what I was talking about. I was transferred to someone else--wrong department. Then transferred again--this time the system was down and they asked me to call back in an hour. I told them to connect me to someone with a working computer. This time I was connected to India, I believe. That lady told me she couldn't help me and to call the 1-800 number on my card. I told her that is what I ORIGINALLY called. I refused to hang-up and asked to speak to her supervisor. She kept saying this was not a supervisor concern. Finally she said she would connect me to someone else. She connected me to the computer system again where I am now having an argument about August 3rd!!!!

Okay the computer connected me to dental----I am calling about medical!!!

Minute 52. My son is awake from his nap and will be hungry soon. Can you get in trouble for sending hate mail to insurance companies?

The dental guy has now connected me to...........Nothing. The line just went dead.

I have called back and guess who I get to talk to again---THE COMPUTER.

Talking to someone new now. I think she has a mouthful of Halloween candy in her mouth as she talks. Oh wait, wrong department. She is connecting me to someone else.

Okay it has been almost two hours since I called the insurance company. I finally talked to someone who sounded like she knew she worked for an insurance company and had some knowledge on the subject. Turns out the insurance company wants me to fill out a form. I tell them I need my question answered before this Thursday when I have a physical therapy eval for Isaac. Their final answer, "I am sorry, Ma'am, you have to fill out a form." Then I was disconnected. So after all that time spent on the phone, I am now supposed to be standing by my mailbox eagerly awaiting a form. Yippee.

(Pleas know that I was going to post something positive today about Isaac's first Halloween, a first in long line of firsts to come. Then blogger wouldn't work this morning and then I had to talk to the insurance company. I do not hate all people who work for insurance companies, as my uncle does work for one. However, I currently am not going to enroll in the fan club of any of the customer service representatives I talked to today.)

6 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Wow, I know you are frustrated. You should definitely report how you were treated.

Unknown said...

Every time something like that happens to me, Scott taught me to say, "just go ahead and escalate me to your supervisor." I guess "escalate" is the universal word in customer service for I am mad enough to come down to your office with poison because it always works for me.

jenny biz said...

Kelli, I love it!! I am going to start using that word.
I am just now realizing Isaac and I share a birthday!! We will have to celebrate together!

DKDFW said...

Are you guys using Tobe's insurance from Baylor? If so, I need to make note of the obviously poor customer service.

Phillips Family said...

Yes, this would be insurance from Baylor. One would think that a health care company would have quality insurance. Apparently that does not hold true for "the flame." Things are only going to get worse when Baylor changes insurance companies next year.

The Honey Family said...

I just went to this the first time today! This is the cutest, funniest, coolest thing I've ever seen! I LOVE it and I can hear you talking as I read your comments - I especially love the Star Jones comments as I wonder that very same thing EVERY time I see her!!! I love you and I love this site! I can't wait to come back and read the rest. SO tired now. Have a great day!!!