Friday, November 18, 2005

It's Time!!!

Yes, it is finally time to go down the Christmas aisles at Target. I have been holding off because I feel like we are being attacked by the Christmas spirit earlier and earlier each year. Before too long we will be shooting fireworks off to recognize our country's independence and have to be careful not to set the courthouse Christmas tree on fire. However, as this is the weekend before Thanksgiving I am now ready to take in all things Christmas. Today I can drive merrily down Main Street, not having to keeps my eyes averted from the festive decorations which have been displayed for over two weeks now. I can tune my car radio to 103.7 and listen to Delilah spin all the Christmas tunes (when we aren't listening to the famous vacuum cleaner CD). The holiday season is upon us and I am now opening my arms and welcoming all of its commercial charm. I plan on taking Isaac to every available shopping mall with a half-way decent Santa Claus to have his picture taken. Hopefully this won't be a traumatic event and scar him for life (although my younger brother did have a traumatic Santa experience as a small child. My parents thought it would be a great idea to have the town Santa, who happened to be a good friend of theirs, come wake up my brother from his afternoon nap. Turns out that Santa standing over your bed can be quite scary for a child. The good news is that my brother does not flinch when he says a mall Santa and is full of holiday cheer).

Isaac did go to physical therapy this week. We are now going to Our Children's House at Baylor Grapevine. The social worker at Cook Childrens worked wonders with our insurance company. We went from having to pay out-of-pocket to now having to pay nothing. Somehow we aren't even having to pay the $40 co-pay. Yippee!!! We really liked our new physical therapist and will be seeing her on a weekly basis. Some of the stretches that she has us doing with Isaac at home involve a stability ball---the adult size. So not only will Isaac have a stronger neck soon, he might possibly have six-pack abs as well! The physical therapist did have a very fascinating toy by Playskool to help entertain Isaac during tummy time. Unfortunately Playskool does not make this toy anymore. Next week I am taking the digital camera to PT to snap a picture of this plastic wonder and post it for all of you to help in my quest to find it.

Tonight we are having pumpkin pancakes with praline syrup and watching "It's Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown." Tomorrow I am off to Christmas shop while Nana C and Papa babysit and Tobe joins his fellow Frat brothers in a Thanksgiving football game. Hope you get to experience some of this holiday cheer!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I go to physical therapy with Isaac so I can have six pack abs? By the way, the one baby doll we have in our house (used for potty training) that was previously named Tobe has been re-christened today as Baby Isaac. He is currently swaddled in two blankets because he is a nekkie baby and is asleep with Matthew in bed. :)

Shanta said...

Pumpkin pankakes? Do share the details!

Phillips Family said...

Go to Bisquick.com and type in pumpkin pancakes in the search box--they were super yummy!

Unknown said...

Just so you know, that past few years, the best Santa has been at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. It may be a little longer than you want to drive, but he has a real beard! That is where I am taking Jackson as I have admired him for at least 3 years now.