Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Threes

I am not a superstitious person nor have I fung-shuied my house, however I believe that things happen in threes. You always here E! News talking about how celebrities tend to die in threes. Last year around this time, Tobe and I experienced a lot of great things. All of these happened in sets of three (more on that in tomorrow's blog). Well, yesterday left me with a set of threes that made me want to hide under my comforter and not come out until December 24th.

The morning started off like any other: wake-up, talk to Tobe, shower/dress, coffee, play with baby. Then it hit me.........cramps. Enough said on that topic. So Isaac and I continue on with the day, preparing for an early grocery store run since all that was left in the house was a can of Ranch-style beans and frozen hashbrowns--not a suitable supper. Upon arriving home from SuperTarget (my favorite place, besides Central Market) my mom calls to tell me that my grandfather had been taken by ambulance to the ER due to a bad stomach bug. I felt some concern, but knew that he had a great doctor taking care of him :) and should pull through. Again we continued on with our day, this time pulling out all books Christmas for our storytime. My mom called again. Well, it turns out that my grandfather had a heart attack in the midst of having the stomach bug. This is his second heart attack, the first being when I was in elementary school. When he had his first one, he drove to my dad's office and said "I think I have had a heart attack." (Proof that you should always drive defensively because you never know who is on the road with you and in what condition) This news lead to a series of phone conversations to Searcy to keep updated on tests and my grandfather's condition. And once again Isaac and I continued on with our day, carefully placing my Santa collection around the house. Last night was bathtime and bottle time as usual for Isaac. He didn't take his whole bottle, but had been a little fussy due to missing his late afternoon nap (his choice, not mine!) so I was not concerned (he can't eat when stressed). As I stood up to carry my sleeping angel from the living room into his room, I heard "the noise" and we were both instantly covered in throw-up. This continued for about two and 1/2 hours last night. After the first time, we changed Isaac's jammies and cleaned him all up, only for him to throw -up all over himself and me again (I however had not changed because the sweatshirt I was wearing already had Starbucks coffee, potroast, and hot glue on it). So the evening found the three of us huddled in our little guest bathroom, with Isaac lying on a pallet of towels with only a diaper and socks on. We eventually all moved into the living room, with Isaac in his co-sleeper and us on the couches. I woke every hour to feed him an ounce of Pedilyte and listen for that terrible noise.

So today finds me tired from an eventful day of "threes." My grandfather is still undergoing tests to determine the extent of the heart attack. It appears that he does not have the stomach bug, but his tummy troubles are due to the heart attack. Isaac is fine today, just tired. The doctor seems to think he caught the stomach bug again (it hasn't been two weeks since our last episode), but said if we have another episode soon that we will need to come in for lab work. As for me, I am glad that today brought no "threes" and hopefully will end on an uneventful note.

(Oh, for those of you gathered in our cul-de-sac for the 5th Annual Phillips Family Lighting Ceremony, it has been postponed until tomorrow night. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

3 comments:

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alison said...

TO LYNLEY'S BLOG READERS-
Tobe just called to let me know that Lynley's grandfather passed away this evening. Lynley will be flying to Searcy with Isaac in the morning. Funeral arrangements are still pending. So, say a prayer for Lynley and her family tonight as this death came on very quickly.

Thanks!

Pearson Family said...

Thank you Alison for updating us! I will definitely keep Lynley's family in my prayers.