Thursday, November 10, 2005

Random TV Thoughts


Okay, I have some random TV thoughts to share with you readers. If you know me, you know that at any time of the day I have some random thought or story that I am tossing around in my head. Usually it is my patient husband who gets to hear such banter, but today it is YOU!! Yeah You!

1. Did anyone see Oprah's hair yesterday? It wasn't the normal ringlets she has been sporting for about a year now, but rather a shoulder-length bob with a perm. I had that same hair style all through middle school! Did anyone know the bob with perm was making a comeback? That is a pretty easy hairdo--just wash, scrunch with gel, and pick out once the gel has dried. Oprah is a fashionista and if she can sport the permed bob, perhaps I can. I have to say it is tempting....... On another Oprah note, I have been quite disappointed with her show this season. She has modified the show a bit, and although I cannot quite put my finger on it, it doesn't seem right to me. Perhaps it is the new studio or maybe I can't get passed the permed bob. Maybe when she does her "Favorite Things" episode in a few weeks, I will get a little more excited about this season. Oprah, if you are reading, I would be REALLY excited about this season if you would let me be in the audience for the Favorite Things show.

2. Do you every wonder what The Fonz is doing? Sure ol' Henry Winkler shows up on the occasional television drama and he was in Scream 1. Did you know that he has a full-time television gig? Apparently The Fonz is on Clifford the Big Red Dog. Isaac is not watching television yet, but I do sometimes turn it onto PBS kids when he is having tummy time. As most humans, he is fascinated by the television and it encourages him to lift up that sweet head. PBS kids seems wholesome enough and The Cosby Show wasn't on during that time (By the way, I finally saw the final episode of The Cosby Show and watched Cliff and Claire dance off the set--sigh). When we were having tummy time yesterday, Clifford the Big Red Dog was in its last five minutes. At first I was a little disappointed because I was hoping it would be the Bernstein Bears (which I LOVE!). So we watched a bit of Clifford, working on those neck muscles, and had some laughs at that goofy red dog. Then the credits came on and guess who plays Clifford's sidekick (yellow dog named Norville???).....Henry Winkler! Yep, the Fonz is doing voiceovers for PBS kids. Do you think in actorworld that means you are almost washed-up or now have the easy-cheesy job?

3. LOST (DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH LOST LAST NIGHT, DON'T READ!)

Apparently Claire needed the Amazing Miracle Blanket and the Infant Sounds CD for little baby Aaron. Tobe and I got so excited when John Locke swaddled the baby. We knew a trick that John Locke knows--we must be so smart!! Also, who knew it was so easy to make a stretcher out of vines so quickly? And, does anyone else hope that Michelle Rodriguez is eaten by the monster? She is just so manly that I find it disturbing! Why does Walt suddenly talk backwards now? I have to say when I got up at 4:30am this morning with Isaac I was a little fearful that I would turn around and see Walt standing in my kitchen.

These are my random television thoughts that have been floating in my head. Hope you enjoyed! (The picture is Isaac watching football with his dad)

5 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Hi Summer! Glad to hear from you. I checked out your blog--Ethan is a cutie! That frozen dinner isn't bad, is it?

DKDFW said...

Saw Tobe this morning and he delivered the gift. It...was...awesome. Thanks so much. Sadie will get a kick out of it.

Shanta said...

Hey- I want a gift. But really, I was right there with you commenting to Ken about the 30 second assembly from stretcher-in-a-bag. And that girl is going to feel really bad now that she killed Shannon. I think Sayid is going to kick her ***.

Phillips Family said...

Shanta--I always do a bit of Lost research the day after an episode, because we aren't smart enough here to catch everything. It is rumored that Ana Lucia didn't kill Shannon, that the shot was fired from a riffle. hmmmm...

Phillips Family said...

Hi Brooke! I left a comment on your blog for you!