Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Four


Four. That is the number of baths Isaac took yesterday. Now you might be thinking to yourself, "For a kid who can't walk yet, he sure does get dirty a lot." Dirt was not the reason for the four baths. High fevers kept plaguing our sweet boy and I kept having to throw him in the tub to cool him off. Monday at noon Isaac and I were shopping at the SuperTarget. Quite a few people talked to him while he clutched the box of instant oatmeal. All of these people commented on how he looked sleepy. He did look sleepy, which was odd because nap time was over an hour away and he had taken a great morning nap. We came home, ate, and Isaac went to sleep. When he woke-up from his nap, he was warm to the touch so I took him temperature. It was 102.7. I called the doctor, who said to bring him in since we live close. The three of us jumped in the car and headed for the pediatrician's office.

Isaac's temp at the office was well over 103, so we stripped him down and sponged him off trying to get the fever down. Not a pleasant experience for little Isaac. We knew he was really feeling bad when he fell asleep on my shoulder as we waited for the doctor. Monday night was spent sleeping when the fever was down and crying when it spiked over 103. The whole family got to enjoy the 2am showing of Emeril Live.

Yesterday was more of the same with high fevers returning every time the medicine wore-off. Isaac looked quite confused when I put him in the bathtub at 8am, knowing that on his list of things to do for the day bathtime was not scheduled until 7pm. By the time we put him in the bath for the third time yesterday, he acted as if he normally soaks in the tub periodically throughout the day. The doctor is waiting to see how he is this morning before deciding to take the antibiotic route. As of now, he is semi-happy and interested in his toys. His fever this morning was a mere 100, which is great news.

Yesterday afternoon when I laid Isaac down for his nap, he was feeling a bit better. I think he had the energy to sit up, but not enough energy to get himself back into the laying position. This is what I found when I went to check on him:


Don't worry. I moved him into a more comfortable sleeping position---right after I took pictures and video.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. What an inventive boy to still get in some much needed rest time! I am continually amazed at the way children can sleep anywhere in any position and I need everything to be perfect before I can relax enough to even think about drifting off! I'm very jealous of Isaac today because I would very much enjoy taking four calming baths each day! Glad he is feeling better today!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry he's been so sick- bless his sweet little heart....have any of you gotten sleep? I hope so!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phillips Family said...

kelly, i just emailed you. I am going to attempt to delete your second comment so your email address isn't out there for the world. thanks

Unknown said...

Poor Isaac! I hope he feels better very soon. The pictures are great! I have a friend who has a whole layout in her daughter's scrapbook of pictures where she should have rescued her daughter but decided to take a picture first.

As for your previous post, Isaac seems to hate some of my favorite stores! I love Kohl's and The Children's Place as they are both great places for cheap clothes!

Amy C said...

I feel your pain on the fever! Bizarre, Michael is still not quite right. No other symptoms though. Strange. . .Hope Isaac is feeling better really soon.

jenny biz said...

That is so sweet! I hate it when Malaya is sick. My control freak self comes out rather quickly b/c I always want a quick reason and fix!! Hope he is better soon!

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Look at that flexible boy. I'm very impressed that he can sleep that way.