Wednesday, May 31, 2006

One Hundred!!!

According to my blogger dashboard, this is my 100th post. Amazing! I hate to think about all the things I could have done instead of creating these one hundred posts, however I do enjoy looking back in the Blogger archives and seeing what was going on in our lives a few months ago.

100. I really should have an eloquent post about Immigration policy, the war in Iraq, or at the very least the new Jolie-Pitt baby (who I am so thankful they did not name "Africa" as was speculated). Nope. Would you settle for a recap of our Memorial Day weekend and some Isaac pictures? I guess you really don't have a choice.

Usually the Phillips clan loads up in the Camry and heads off to Arkansas for Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend. This year we decided to chill at home. Saturday we headed out to the local mall, something we do not usually do on the weekends because of large crowds and tourists. However, it was not that bad and we did some fun shopping. Tobe bought me two cute shirts as I attempt to avoid being classified in the "sweatpants crowd" (That's a Ticket reference for those Mike and Greg fans out there). That night we just hung out at home as I beat Tobe at Nintendo (yes, we are nerds. And if you ever tell our children that we own a gaming system, we will disown you. I hope they never discover the mind-numbing world of Game Cube). Sunday Tobe and I were able to escape to the movies in the afternoon while Nana C and Papa watched Isaac (and did a few home repairs--we always love when Papa visits!). That night was the traditional cook-out and Isaac had his first hamburger. There is no way this child will be a vegetarian because his favorite foods so far are cooked, shredded chicken and hamburger meat. Monday found us being super lazy and accomplishing very little that could be labeled as "productive." Tobe did assemble the jogging stroller that he received as a Christmas present from my parents. It works much better for our morning hikes than the Graco stroller. Isaac loves the new stroller because it has a safety bar (think Texas Giant at Six Flags) that goes across his chest. However, he sees it more as a teething bar, rather than an instrument of safety.

To close this 100th post, I must include the latest pictures of Isaac. Thanks for reading these posts every day and leaving behind witty comments!


Searching for the perfect toy.......

Standing...FINALLY!

Bathtime Mohawk....I believe the hairdresser will be seeing us this weekend. We decided that Isaac looks like an old man with a combover when the wind blows his hair. It is getting so long! (Yes, that is a bruise on his forehead from an incident with the coffee table)

Baby Yoga

Finally....Happy Birthday, PopPop

7 comments:

DKDFW said...

Will you tell your husband to burn me that CD? Parker arrives in 13 days!!

Phillips Family said...

I will have him do it tonight!

Do you have the Amazing Miracle Blanket yet??? It is a must have as well.

13 days! How exciting! Hang in there, Sadie! I expect an email sent to us with lots o pictures!

DKDFW said...

Yes we got the blanket awhile back and we are looking forward to its first use. It is crazy that the baby likes to essentially wear what amounts to a strait jacket.

Ashley said...

Happy 100th Post!

I kind of feel like Norm on your blog..you know, always a barstool reserved for me and ready to hear new stories.

I love that you beat Tobe in Nintendo. It is something that I try to do with Cody, but rarely can. You are my hero.

Phillips Family said...

Ashley--I must confess that I really didn't beat Tobe in Nintendo. I just have a problem with trash-talking, especially when I know my husband will read my blog...

The Honey Family said...

What do you play on Nintendo? Kris plays basketball, football and baseball and some sporting game in the outdoors that I've never paid much attention to. Maybe I should start playing so I don't hate it so much.

The Honey Family said...

I would like to hear a post about the Pitt/Jolie Baby thing. I thought you would be a big Jolie fan - as she is doing good for all of mankind over in Africa...

J