Saturday, May 20, 2006

Playgroup 101

Isaac and I belong to a local playgroup (well, Isaac belongs. I am just the chauffeur/personal chef/toy hauler) that we have yet to attend. The first meeting was during his nine month check-up so we had to cancel our appearance. This week's playgroup meeting was changed to "Let's All Go to Main Street Days" and Isaac already had a play date during that time. So we are 0 for 2 on the whole Play Group thing.

Isaac's play date on Friday was with his dear friend
Morgan. Isaac doesn't know that Morgan is his dear friend, but I tell him every time we look at her picture on the refrigerator (We look at friends' babies a lot on our fridge and I always say, "There is your friend Lauren." "There is your friend Kati." I also call all of Isaac's toys "his friends." I am likely building up a considerable about of confusion in this little boy over the idea that inanimate objects are his friends.). Morgan's mom,Alison, was my roommate all four years of college. We were randomly assigned to each other (potluck roomies, if you will) and instantly clicked. The day we met we were wearing the same outfit and quickly realized we both shared a secret love for cheesy 80's music (Chicago, REO Speedwagon--who we saw in concert a few years ago, Air Supply), had a fetish for stealing restaurant menus, and both drove Hondas. It was fate. Despite the fact that we have not lived together for quite a while now and we are both married, we still introduce the other as "My roommate...."

It is only suiting that our children would be best friends, despite the fact they are seven months apart and only see each other about once a month. Since one day Isaac and Morgan will likely be unable to share a dorm room in Gardner Hall (yes, Alison and I were uncool and lived in the "fat girls" dorm), we figure the only logical solution is for the two of them to one day marry.

Here are some pictures we will use during the rehearsal dinner slideshow:


I love the middle picture, because it appears if Isaac is telling Morgan something quite interesting and slightly shocking.

**********************************************************

People often ask us how we ended up with a blonde hair, blue-eyed child when neither of us has blonde hair or blue eyes. I guess we were just lucky. Anyway, there is no doubt this child is ours. Just look how happy food makes him.....


8 comments:

Jennifer Schroeder said...

she will make a beautiful wife. welcome to the family, morgan.

Pearson Family said...

HEY I lived in Gardner Dorm and I don't think I was fat or uncool! Let us not stereotype :)! We named Parker's toys as well. We did name a duck "CHICKY" and are still referring to it by that name with Emaline. It must be the Gardner Girl in me to misname our stuffed animals. Enjoy the playdates.

Unknown said...

What cute babies. Maybe they won't be in Gardner dorm together but they might be next door podmates in that new co-ed dorm! By the way, even though I was in CA I knew about the "fat girl dorm" stigma and lobbied hard to be put in Nelson, which was successful. Lucky for me because that's where I met all my roomies too!

Phillips Family said...

Paige, I would have guessed you were a Nelson girl!

Kelli: Co-ed dorm???

Unknown said...

Yup. You guys need to renew your subscription to the ACU today! It's built in pods so that each pod can be separated into boys and girls. Right now I think it's all boys, but it will change as the demographic changes. By the way, please tell Isaac and Morgan to say Hello to their friend Ethan at Cisco Junior College while they are there. Now that we'll be a family of five, ACU is only a pipe dream!

Unknown said...

By the way, didn't Gardner get redone my Freshman year, or right after it? And it was only the lesser dorm for Freshman because at my time it was all years and it was quite sad to see seniors still living in the dorm with the curfew. I thought it was nice and all freshmen by the time you guys were there.

Ashley said...

Nelson 2nd floor rocks!

Just Kidding.

yeah for arranged marriages. I have a special mate picked out for Carley as well. Myabe Isaac and Carley can have a fling in that ultimate "break up time before you get together for good" phase that lots of Freshman and Sophomores go through.

Isaac is such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Gardner wasn't necessarily the "fat girl" dorm my freshman year, but it was the dorky girl dorm. I remember a big group of us getting in trouble by Ruth in Nelson, and one of the punishments she threatened us with was making us move to Gardner. However, it is now the cool dorm as it was redone not so long ago.

As for the co-ed dorm, it does actually exist. It is right across the street from the library parking lot. It was all girls this past year, but next year it really is going to be co-ed! ACU is getting very progressive...

As always, Isaac is precious!