Sunday, July 30, 2006

Do the Math

One year ago today I went into labor with Isaac. The date was July 30, 2005......Isaac was promptly born on August 3, 2005. That is four days of being in labor---something that no one bothered to mention in my labor preparedness class. I like to frequently remind Tobe of this long labor so he will know how much more he should love me now that I birthed him a son. Tobe asked me last week if I will call Isaac on his birthday each year and recount the drama and joy of his birth. You better believe I will----but I don't plan on just calling on August 3rd. I plan on calling everyday starting on July 30th through August 3rd, reminding Isaac of how long his labor actually was and how much he should love me for bringing him into this world.

Tobe and me on July 30, 2005. In true pregnant woman fashion, I had managed to spill water all down the front of my t-shirt about 0.8 seconds before the picture was taken. Nice.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously? You were in labor for four days? How have I missed this part of the story for a year?

Pearson Family said...

I did not know that you were in labor for 4 days! Yikes.

Phillips Family said...

Although I was in labor, the contractions would not stay at a steady pattern--but were not considered to be false labor or braxton hicks. Because of where Isaac was positioned, all of the contractions were in my back. During those four days I went to the outlet mall, attended a movie (not comfortably), went to the hospital for a non-stress test, and walked A LOT to get the baby out.

Unknown said...

Unbelievable! It's things like "4 days of labor" that make me cringe at the thought of pro-creating... but hopefully one day I will get over my fears! Regardless, you looked fantastic right before popping out that sweet baby boy!

Unknown said...

Yuk! Now when Isaac's wife is pregnant with her first and is complaining about her labor, he will tell her, "Oh, honey, it's not that bad. My mom was in labor for four days with me." And the wife will grit her teeth and tell him to leave the room. The nurses will comfort the wife, and you will smile proudly at your son. ;)

1literatimommy said...

four days of labor. that sounds medieval!