Monday, July 03, 2006

Locks of Gold

Today was the big day. It was inevitable. If today didn't occur people were going to start to stare and whisper behind our backs. They would wonder about our child and question the quality of our parenting.

Today we finally cut Isaac's crazy hair in honor of him turning eleven months old.

The first hair cut was a relatively painless experience. I am not the type of person who cries when her child reaches a major milestone, so I was cool. Isaac was happy as a clam until Tobe had to hold his head still. We took Isaac to Sweet and Sassy, a local hair salon that specializes in children. After my current bang fiasco I don't feel comfortable putting Isaac in the hands of my stylist and I don't think he is quite ready for the manly world of Mack's barbershop. Sweet and Sassy seemed like our best bet and I had confidence they could successfully maneuver scissors around a moving baby's face without causing major damage. We are thrilled with the new haircut and glad that the mullet is gone.

Check out the new do:



Sitting with Mommy in the Chair

Because Isaac had to sit in my lap, I was fortunate enough to get to sport a nifty cape as well. Mine read "Sassy Diva." Think I am going to make that my new nickname....

Hair consultation and actual first cut of his hair

Finished Product
As you can see, Isaac's new hairstyle has boosted his self confidence.Glad that the baby mullet is gone forever

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks like such a big boy. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

DKDFW said...

Okay, Lynley. Please do not send your young SON to a place called, Sweet and Sassy. While I am sure the service is fine, I am afraid you are giving Isaac the wrong idea when it comes to haicuts. He needs a place with the following:

1.) A Barber Pole
2.) Magazines in the waiting area that are not Cosmo, Redbook or Seventeen
3.) Barbacide
4.) Electric Trimmers

Ashley said...

Sassy Diva is definitely your new name!