Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thirteen Things Isaac Has Discovered


1. How to take his socks off during the middle of the night and throw them over the side of the crib. I believe he does this just to give me gray hair as I worry about cold feet leading to pneumonia.
2. That he can now follow me (quickly) anywhere I go. He will throw a toy down, crawl over a basket, and risk bodily harm as he chases me to the bathroom.
3. That he can crawl into a room and close the door behind him, which will then make me come along and knock on the door. The minute I open the door, Isaac grins through the crack and then proceeds to slam the door in my face.
4. While shopping, if he holds his arms out on both sides he can gather a world of treasures. Tobe is just starting to figure this out when he pushes Isaac's stroller on our outings. Saturday, Isaac had managed to grab an array of stuffed animals while Tobe was checking out a display of toy dinosaurs.
5. Kitchen cabinet doors open and close easily and the shelves are filled with all types of goodies
6. Milk does not taste good out of a sippy cup and is only acceptable out of a bottle (anyone got any tips on this dilemma?)
7. That if one stands up at the coffee table, one can then reach any goodies that are on the table (coasters, remote control, Mom's water)
8. That his precious giraffe went through the wash yesterday and now just isn't the same. He held Giraffe up to his face last night before bed, took a sniff, and then threw it down. I was going to wash Blankie today, but decided to wait on that one until next week once Giraffe has been loved on again.
9. That I keep extra toys hidden in his closet
10. Although he really wants to open and close the closet door the master bathroom, he is too scared to because the closet is incredibly dark
11. How to blow back at people when they blow at him (training for his first birthday candle)
12. He knows the discrete sound of the dishwasher opening and will race as fast as he can to the kitchen so that he does not miss the excitement of dishes being unloaded. However, he is really starting to understand what things he cannot touch and will sit beside the dishwasher and watch as I pull out each fascinatingly clean dish.
13. The joy of putting magnets on the fridge and then taking them off.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ethan went through the same stage of milk and sippy cups. He wouldn't dring it out of a cup, but his mean mommy stopped giving him bottles after he turned one. He would throw his sippy cup of milk across the table and this lasted for an incredibly fun 4 days when he finally just gave in and drank it.

Pearson Family said...

Isaac has been a busy little man. Parker would love to climb onto the dishwasher door when down and scare me half to death...for the washer and for my son. I stored toys for Parker too and pulled some out for his first bithday. He thought I was the bomb when only I was regifting to him!

jenny biz said...

Our frig has always been covered in magnets. That was always a fun thing for Malaya. Too bad it took a LONG time for her to learn to put them back on.