Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last week I posted on Facebook, "Just purchased new planner. Giddy over filling it in." Well apparently said giddiness went to the extreme as I have been cramming a variety of activities, to-do lists, and events into said planner.


That being said, I have yet to complete my big back-to-school organization project that I mentioned a few weeks ago. Lucky for me, preschool does not begin until after Labor Day (thus postponing "Back to School" time for the phillips family for a few more weeks) so hopefully I can finish this project before sending the children off to school.


I started this particular project full of organizational steam, ready to jump in there and get it completed. However, in the early stages I hit a sort-of detail roadblock and have been stumbling ever since to get the project completed. Fortunately this project can be easily tucked out of sight so the husband is not subjected to looking at its lack of completion on a daily basis (Tobe has lived through many projects with me, including the year I attempted to hand sequin Christmas ornaments for our entire family and the various times scrapbook projects have overcome the kitchen table for weeks on end. Bless his heart.).


Also, there is that pesky thing called "Summer" that keeps distracting me from my task as well.


In the meantime, I have one more giveaway for my blog readers. I happen to have one more Household Management Binder in my possession and would love to give it away. To enter, just leave a comment and tell me about a project around your house that currently lies dormant and needs to be finished. This particular contest will close NEXT Monday, with winners be announced a week from today (I should look up the actual date of next Tuesday to be all official...but I am too lazy to reach over and pull my nifty new planner from my purse.)



Good Luck!

11 comments:

Jordan said...

There are so many projects I don't even know where to begin. I guess the two biggest would be coffee table makeover that I bought a few months ago at a garage sale and then I also need to repaint the "big girl" bed I bought for Phoebe around the same time. Sigh. And I really hate to paint.

Candis said...

My daughter is 16 months old and we still haven't filled in 12 pictures in the cute "First Year" frame from brother and sister-in-law. They are coming to visit us in mid-September and I have got to get that finished and on the wall! :)

Tari at livingwood@earthlink.net said...

Many unfinished projects in my house: the moving claim from 1 1/2 yrs ago, painting daughter's room, sifting/sorting the many boxes...

Unknown said...

I'm going to go with the same as before. I am STILL unpacking our boxes from removing back into our house. I have curtains to hem and hang, pictures piled up that need to be hung, picture frames that need to be filled and of course boxes that need to be unpacked. In those boxes, I have some articles of clothing and linens that were spared the wrath of the floodwaters but that still need to be washed before they actually are allowed to reenter our home. My house is pretty much one huge, dormant project (that has to be done by Sept. 12th for E's b-day party, which is ironically the one year anniversary of the most insane day of my life!).

The Binkley Family said...

Wow...sounds like I am in good company. I am also in unpacking mode with a bday party on the 29th of August deadline. And somehow I have gotten to a standstill between the boxes and I. I have lost a little of my energy...but I have to get it done this week!

The second project I have is organizing a ton of paperwork. Keep, Toss...sorting!

Thanks for another fun contest!

Robin said...

Was just thinking how I need a planner! I have gotten by without one for too long. It would be SUCH FUN to have a neat one. Current dormant project: got new (antique) secretary which belonged to my grandmother...want to use it as my home office. Not getting done. Husband not thrilled.

RAK

summer said...

Projects...projects...let's see: 1st birthday party planning, video editing, finishing both baby books, family photo albums, still haven't bought school supplies, lots of things sitting around needing to be listed on ebay or Craig's list, I need a hair cut, flower beds need some attention, and on and on and on.

{Not sure if all of these fit your definition of "project" but there's a sampling}.

Jill said...

I need to finish unpacking from when we moved (in April!) and get all of the kids sorted and tagged for the upcoming consignment sale. Oh, and I need to decorate the house. Those are the projects I am going to tackle when the kids are at preschool.

What kind of planner did you get? Love your blog!

Jill said...

whoops, meant to say kids' clothes. I'm not going to sell my kids in the consignment sale!

Dawn said...

Hmmmmm, need to scrapbook baby's birth and first 6 months, trying to organize and sort literally hundreds of from magazine recipes, need to organize work clothes to make mornings easier....it never ends!

Heather said...

I had been postponing working on a Christmas tree skirt that I'd been working on for a few years. Now that school is back in session and DH is at work longer, I started working on it again!