Monday, August 17, 2009

The perfect combo of blogging and cooking


It is no secret that I love to cook.




It also is not a secret that I love to blog (Hello, post #759!).


Therefore it should come as no surprise that I have been eagerly anticipating taking a break and heading to the movies to catch "Julie and Julia." Although familiar with Julie Powell's blog and book (from which the movie was partially based upon...it was also based on Julia Child's book "My Life in France"), I had yet to read either before going to the movies yesterday with that cute husband of mine.


The movie was delightful, simply delightful. It inspired me to come home and blog and cook and then blog some more.


The premise of the movie is based around the true story of a girl named Julie who decides to blog her way through Julia Child's cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in one year. The movie also tells the story of Julia Child's time spent in France and how she became a cooking phenomenon. Nora Ephron managed to combine these two stories into an excellent tale of two women discovering themselves through food and writing.


Did I mention the movie was just delightful?


Although Julie Powell's idea of cooking through a cookbook in 365 days and blogging about it is quite inventive, others have tested the "365 days" waters and blogged their stories as well. Below are some links to other blogs taking similar challenges.








The Uniform Project: 1 Dress, 365 Days (This is a new one and it is for a great cause!)


and...


Julie Powell's blog entry about the death of Julia Child (warning...JP likes to throw out some colorful language at times)

What is something you would do (if you had the time, energy, patience, creative juices) for 365 days and blog about it?

3 comments:

The Speck family said...

Being that I love mexican food and fast food (gasp!), I would probably want to blog over 365 days the ultimate quest for the best queso/salsa or the ultimate quest for the world's best sweet tea :).

Smockity Frocks said...

Great idea!

I think I'll blog 365 days of diaper changes.

"Day 27: I strongly suspect the baby has been ingesting quantities of sand. Large quantities."

Anonymous said...

Even I love mexican food and fast food..

___________________
Andrew
Instant loans at an attractive low rates