Thursday, September 27, 2007

Before I Was A Mommy...

Before I was a Mommy.....

...I never imagined that I would become terribly involved in an episode of Blues Clues, finding it funny when Steve sings the "mail song", eagerly looking for the next clue, and anxiously awaiting the "thinking chair" so that I can figure out Blues Clues.

Before I was a Mommy....

...I never imagined that I would look forward to sticky kisses and sweaty hugs.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined that I would wear a white tank top to Mommy and Me class and the park and not notice the large poop stain on the front until I was at home three hours later.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined that despite the fact I am a pretty decent chef my child's favorite thing for me to cook him is instant macaroni and cheese ("mac-de-low-knee")

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined I would be so in love with a double jogging stroller.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined that I would be able to hold two babies and push a stroller at the same time.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined that when my child requested to read the "Happy Nose" book, I would immediately know that he meant the "If You're Happy and You Know It" book.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined that other parents' victories and losses would effect me so deeply now that I know the intense ache a parent feels for a child.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined that I find my husband incredibly cute when he is crawling around on the floor playing with our children.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined that holding a sleeping baby would be the highlight of my day.

Before I was a Mommy...

...I never imagined how these two babies who both spent the majority of the morning fussing and crying and wanting to be held at the exact same time would bring me such unspeakable joy.

3 comments:

Wade said...

Good post!

summer said...

Just out of curiosity, do you know the Farley family? I watched the video from the memorial service today and couldn't help but weep. So sweet.

Phillips Family said...

I do not know the Farley family, but read about their journey a few weeks ago via another blog. I have been following them ever since because of their strong faith through such a horrible and tragic life circumstance.