Friday, September 07, 2007

Gangsta's Paradise

I assume most of you readers with toddlers listen to the preschool classics: Baby Einstein, The Wiggles, Veggie Tales, perhaps a Backyardigans song every now and then. I thought we were right there with you listening to the preschool music genre until lunchtime today. Isaac dines along during lunchtime because I am feeding Evelyn at the same time (who prefers to eat on the comfy couch). Lately, Isaac has preferred listening to music during his noontime feasting experience. Today Evelyn was starting to become impatient as I sat Isaac up with his lunch. I was hurrying about dicing fruit, pouring juice, locating the beloved mouse cheese, and then flipped the stereo on as I rushed out of the room to feed a crying Evelyn; leaving Isaac to his food and his music.


When I returned to the kitchen 15 minutes later, the lyrics that were coming out of the stereo would have made Howard Stern blush. Isaac was not listening to the Baby Einstein CD I thought he was...rather he had been grooving along to gangster rap. Apparently when I had flipped on the stereo, I had mistakenly turned on the radio (which was set to some random station due to Isaac's constant need to push buttons in our house) rather than the CD player. I am not sure if the Mozart Effect applies to rap music or not, but I do know I am not up for any "Mother of the Year" awards this week.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well since I, myself, won't be winning mother of the year either, I will go ahead and tell you that when Jackson was a baby (about Evelyn's age or younger), two of the songs that would effectively calm him down were "I Walk Alone" by Greenday and the Fresh Prince of Belair theme song. Random, but true!

I love the pictures you took with the Baby Bennett sign. I want to try to do that but don't feel that it will be successful.

Ashley said...

Awesome. it reminds me of that episode of Friends where Ross sings "Baby Got Back" to Emma.

Margaret K said...

When Patrick was 2, he liked to dance to "Hella Good" by No Doubt. Hey, whatever works!

Amy said...

I was laughing out loud at this post! Thanks for making my day!

Kelly said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I was cracking up because I have been a "lurker" on your blog as well. :) I think we know a lot of the same ACU people...small world.

Glad to hear there's someone else out there saving away Pampers points!

Your kiddos are too cute!

Wade said...

Hey Phillips!

Saw your comment on Kelly's blog so I thought I'd stop by and say hello too!

So . . . hello!

I'll stop by again,

W