Friday, September 25, 2009

This week's Mom--iform

In sixth grade, when large "attitude" buttons were all the rage (and I suppose the pre-cursor to today's attitude tees), I proudly purchased one that read "Born to shop" and affixed it to my purple Members Only jacket.

Good times.

The sentiment of "Born to Shop" has remained true, as I love to shop. Miss E. is showing such a passion as well in her early years. The husband better hold tight to those credit cards when she hits her tween years because I have a feeling she and I will be participating in several mommy/daughter shopping sprees.

Even though I do heart shopping, I have the tendency to buy the same outfit over and over and over again.

Remember my trouser jean affair of last Fall and Winter? I am not even going to reveal how many pairs of these jeans I own.

I tend to find something I like and stick with it for awhile. For example, when I find a pair of boots or sandals that get my attention I purchase them in a variety of colors. When I find a t-shirt that holds up to my SAHM role, I stock up.

Lately my newest wardrobe craze has been the pairing of the long cardigan, the fitted t-shirt, jeans (really wanting these boyfriend jeans for ATL), funky necklace, and sandals.

I have worn this uniform of sorts four out of the five days this week. I would be wearing it today, but I am out of clean cardigans.

Do you have a go-to outfit or suffer from the tendency to purchase the same item repeatedly? Is your closet over-flowing with seven different "perfect" little black dresses? Am I the only person who gets excited when Target clearances out basic necessities and grabs one in each shade of the rainbow?

Share amongst yourselves...

2 comments:

kristofer and ivy said...

Jeans.
Love the Long & Leans!

T-shirt.
These days, I can't get enough of V-neck and scoop-neck cuts. (I do have several of the same ones, in different colors.)

Sneakers.
I LOVE your sandals! However, I'm unable to keep ahead of my toddler unless I'm very quick and light on my feet - thus, the sneakers. (Rocket Dog's are my favorite.)

Happy Friday, Ms. Mom of the Philips!

.ivy

kristofer and ivy said...

NOTE - The above is my standard "play clothes" uniform. I spend my weekdays in an office and do my best to keep the babies (and their messes, goo, drool, etc.) away from my work clothes.

.ivy