Monday, September 07, 2009

The Last 18 Minutes of Summer


I will spare everyone the overused expressions about time passing quickly and simply say that summer has flown by at an astonishing rate. Seriously, did I not just make my nifty summer schedule and purchase my first tube of SPF 75 for the season?Regardless, time marches on and on this holiday weekend I am enjoying the final 18 minutes of summer before we greet Fall (which, for those living near casa de phillips, means we have the same temperatures as summer. ugh.).


Our little family has enjoyed quite the great summer, from taking some vacations to visiting with family to celebrating a few birthdays. This was the first summer that both children were really ready to tackle some fun adventures (last summer E. was not walking...as hard as that is to believe) and I only had to carry a few sippy cups and some goldfish with us as opposed to toting around a significant portion of a child's nursery in my purse.
Summer 2009 was good times, my friends. Good times.
How was yours?


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad you guys had a good summer. I hope it cools off for you soon!

LEt us know if the fall or winter brings you towards Lubbock!