Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome, Fall!

Tomorrow is the first day of Fall, a day of golden leaves, crisp temperatures, and new long sleeve fashions....or if you happen to live where I live: another day of 90 degree temperatures. Ugh. I was speaking about Fall to Isaac the other day and he inquired as to when the leaves will become red. In December, my son. December.
I do miss the seasons.

Silly Global Warming.

In honor of Fall's glorious return (It just so happens to be my favorite season), I have a comfy recipe of Chocolate Waffles and Carmel Syrup to share. We love to have Breakfast for Dinner here at casa de phillips and this recipe is a winner everytime.

Enjoy!

Chocolate Waffles:
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 cup Sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs

Stir ingredients until blended. Pour into waffle iron of your choice (I think this is a cool one). Cook until done.

Caramel Syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 light corn syrup
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla

Stir all ingredients together in saucepan. Heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, pour generously over waffles, and Enjoy!






1 comment:

Sydni said...

Fall is by FAR my favorite season too! It seems people judge me for not liking spring with the re-birth... Ha. Fall is still the best.